Dry body brushing is fast, easy and has a whole heap of benefits for your skin and wellbeing. Believe me when I say that the five minutes it will add to your morning routine is worth every second. All you need is one small natural bristle brush and a bit of determination (or an app reminder) to make this a new morning habit.
Benefits of dry body brushing
- increases the circulation to your skin and helps break down unwanted toxins. Cellulite is the accumulation of toxic material in our body’s fat cells. That’s right ladies, body brushing can help to break down and reduce cellulite.
- Improved circulation and lymphatic drainage from brushing helps our bodies run much more effectively.
- Brushing helps to give you a more even distribution of fat deposits and can help with muscle tone. One study suggests that 5 minutes of vigorous body brushing tones muscles as much as a 30 minute jog!
- Regular brushing removes dead skin cells, leaving soft and healthy skin.
- It stops blocked pores and prevents ingrown hairs.
Start on dry skin before a bath or shower
Begin at ankles and move upwards towards heart to simulate flow of lymphatic fluid
Move in a gentle circular motion followed by long, smooth strokes
Brush your ankles, lower legs, thighs, stomach and arms
Brush your back from the neck downwards
Take care brushing sensitive skin, never brush damaged skin, eczema or varicose veins.
Shower after brushing to remove dead skin cells.
So simple but so very effective. Follow with a natural moisturiser for soft and supple skin.